This workshop emphasizes the role of improvisation in Analytical Music Therapy (AMT). The presenter will discuss and demonstrate how the use of improvisation in AMT offers unique opportunities for attendees to explore their thoughts and feelings in AMT and supervision.
Analytical Music Therapy approach helps music therapists/expressive arts therapists to better use themselves as an instrument for their sessions by increasing awareness of transference and countertransference and managing their own stress that may affect sessions. This method is particularly effective in training culturally conditioned music therapists/ expressive arts therapists who may have difficulty expressing emotions outwardly and/or utilizing their creativity as well as adapting to the culture of music therapy that is different from the culture of their own.
The format will combine lectures, small group discussions, experiential exercises. Through lectures, they will acquire new knowledge of AMT theoretical backgrounds and techniques how they can be applied to a variety of clinical settings. By participating in role-play, experiential exercises, they will apply learning to their clinical situations. In addition, role- play and experiential exercises will provide the opportunity to examine and experience transference and countertransference phenomena. By completing this workshop, the attendees will develop their ability to articulate and discuss important concepts of Analytical Music Therapy (AMT) and stress reduction and prevention.
This workshop is suitable for music therapists, expressive arts therapists, other creative arts therapists and students who are interested in stress management and wellness.
Seung-A Kim, PhD, LCAT, MT-BC, Analytical Music Therapy Trainer
Associate Professor of Music Therapy/Director of the Undergraduate Music Therapy Program at Molloy College, Rockville Centre, New York, USA
> Date January 13th , 2018（Saturday）
> Time 6:30-9:30p.m.
> Venue Parkland Music Institute 柏茵音樂院
Room 11, 7/F, Telford House, 16 Wang Hoi Road, Kowloon Bay
> Quota 15 participants
> Fee $490
1. Complete registration here
2. Bank-in to HSB #789-286879-883 [Institute for Creative Arts Therapy (HK)] by Jan 12, 2018 (Friday)
3. Whatsapp bank-in receipt to +852 6510-9405 or email us. You will receive an email reply confirming your registration.
>> For overseas participants, please contact us for payment details.
1. Participants are encouraged to bring 1-2 small hand held percussive instruments to the workshop.
2. Attendance certificate will be given to attendees at the end of the workshop.
3. This workshop will be conducted in English.
4. ICAT(HK) has been approved as one of the CPD activity organizers under the Voluntary Continuing Professional Development Scheme for Registered Social Workers. Attendees who are registered social workers will be awarded for 3 CPD points.